Tuesday 8 March 2011

Guardian Tooth Fairies

So my embroidery project was a continuation of my metal project with the starting point of teeth. I decided that I wanted to go the completely opposite from my metal project and make more cartoon child like items.

I began my making wings for each of my characters, which I wanted to display in a butterfly layout style;

I wanted to explore what they looked like on transparent fabric against the soft light of the window.

I like how they looked like they were moving and 'fluttering'. However I think they lost their cartoon and comedy nature by not being on the teeth chacaters.


I decided that as I had come out with a final solution I wanted to package them up and create a sellable product. I wanted to give each of the teeth a very personal and to each have a name and persona.


 Each character had individual colours and names on their lables.


And the backs even included barcodes.


I am extremely pleased at the result and feel this is an actual sellable product. Any orders welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment