Friday 22 July 2011

Norwich Craft fair

So I held a craft stall in Norwich on the 10th July with my friend Chloe. It was a great day except for the downpour at 4pm. The stall took a while to get going, a lot of people were browsing. I made about £55 which wasn't a great deal but I had a great time so that's what counts. However, I had already made £85 from selling my jewellery to a few friends before hand. 

So here are a few pictures of the day.....


So this is my side of the stall, we went 50/50 on it. I decided that I wanted to make my stall reflect my business cards and business image which is white with blue, purple and green glass gems. I wanted my stall to look classy and elegant.

I think that the contrast between the black and the white worked really well. It was great to have definition between the two sellers. We had a marque which were were able to display my teeth and Chloe's cards along the edge. We also made a 'washing line' to display more of our products.

The day was great, it was a great experience to find out what would sell and at what prices. I also found out that I needed to spread my items out so that people would see them as people didn't tend to want to fish around in the bowls I had put items in. The teeth went down a hit, but I think they need more focus and more of an explanation. We were also asked to do another fair in August because the fair organiser really like the quirky nature of my teeth. However I cannot go but I have applied to hold a stall in West Brigford here in Nottingham in September. 

The selling of my items has made me more enthusiastic about opening my own shop/business so to start I have open in etsy shop. Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment